Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beauty of the Snow

It was really gloomy when I woke up. The sky was gray, sun wasn't out, and it wasn't even 7 yet, but snowing. Boo to waking up to early. When I left the house this morning for work, I kept looking around, mesmerized by the snow around me. I love it when it snows. I love it even more when it's dry snow. Especially when the wind blows it and scatters it all over the place.

God's creation is really beautiful. It is all around us but we are so used to it that we're taking everything for granted...as did the Israelites when they were in the desert for 40 years. They were accustomed to the manna that was provided for them. The pillar of fire by night and pillar of cloud by day.

Look around us. We're becoming like the Israelites more and more. We need to appreciate the wonderful creation around us. Everything is good. Of course it's good. Everything is created by God - our Father. This is MY Father's world. He only provides the best for us. My Father's world...

Then reality hit and I realized I needed to shovel the snow off the car and warm up the car so I wouldn't be late for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment